This page is for technical writings of mine
Instructions to Make a Rolly Catapult Thing
- Get the large red square
- Put the orange rectangle horizontally in the middle of the red square
- Take the long straight white rectangle and put it on the top row of dots on the orange rectangle, making sure that the orange rectangle is still horizontal
- Take the small grey rectangle and put it in front of the white rectangle but still on top of the orange rectangle
- Put the black stick halfway through the centre hole in the grey and white rectangle
- Put a tire on one end of the stick, so that the more hollow side of the tire is facing inwards
- Repeat above, but on the other side
- Put the grey shovel looking thing upside down on the front end of the white rectangle, so the hollow part is facing up
- Put the small grey peg in the shovel shaped thing.
- You’re done! Wooo!
Thoughts on Catapult Instructions
I think I did fairly well here, considering only one person couldn't make the catapult described above, and so I only had to re-write it once. Of course, not everyone could get this right the first time, so multiple re-writes would be needed, based on people's difficulties with making the item described.
How to take a picture with your Chromebook and insert it into a document
- Select the small box with the magnifying glass in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- If the camera icon is not on the pop up menu, select the “All Apps” button on the far right
- Go to the bottom row and fourth column, and select the camera app.
- The camera should pop up. Take a picture by selecting the centre red button with the camera on it.
- Once it has been taken, go to the bottom right corner and hit the ‘Go to Gallery’ button.
- Making sure that the picture is highlighted in blue, go to ‘Save to Disk’ button. The ‘Save to Disk’ button is in between the ‘Print’ button and the ‘Delete’ button.
- Select ‘My Drive’ and then hit save.
- Now, open the google document that you wish to put the picture in
- Go to ‘Insert’, then go down to ‘Image’.
- Go to Google Drive, then go to ‘My Drive’
- The picture should be in here. Click on the image, then hit ‘Select’ in the bottom left corner.
Thoughts on the Chrome Book Instructions
This one was simple to make. It was a collaboration between (real names changed for privacy same) Frazzle, Lindyn, and Squadala. All that is above, though, is my writing, with a few edits from Frazzle. I'm disappointed that Lindyn and Squadala didn't participate, so if this were redone, they'd definitely have more say in it.